Serves 5: Serving size 1/4 cup
– 8 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) cooked shelled edamame, cooled
– 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 2 medium cloves fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
– 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
– 3 tablespoons fat-free, sugar-free plain yogurt
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, combine the edamame, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and salt. Process until the mixture is paste-like and the edamame is finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
With the food processor on, slowly drizzle the olive oil through the top until well mixed. Add the yogurt and process just until combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrient Info per serving: 66 Calories, 5g Protein, 6g Carbohydrate, 3g Fat (trace saturated), Trace Cholesterol, 2g Fiber, 125mg Sodium.