– Olive oil spray
– 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
– 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
– 6 egg whites or 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
– 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
– 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Spray a 6-cup muffin pan with olive oil.
Heat a small nonstick pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Cook mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Add spinach and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted and mixture is dry. Transfer to a small bowl and cool for 5 minutes.
Add egg whites and cheese to spinach-mushroom mixture and stir well. Spoon evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick in center of quiches comes out clean.
Top each mini-quiche with sliced green onions for garnish.
Nutrient Info per serving: 135 Calories, 6g Fat, 3g Carbohydrate, 19g Protein, 1g Fiber, 376mg Sodium.