– Olive oil spray
– 20 large mushrooms
– 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
– 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
– 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– Black pepper, to taste
– Sea salt, to taste
– Paprika, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Spray a medium baking dish with olive oil.
Rinse and dry mushrooms and remove stems, slightly coring out the center of mushroom.
Finely chop stems and place in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps.
Place mushrooms in prepared pan, tops down, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy on top.
Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrient Info per serving: 60 Calories, 3g Fat, 4g Carbohydrate, 7g Protein, 1g Fiber, 129mg Sodium